The International Kolping Society is a catholic, social organization founded by Blessed Adolph Kolping and its members create a family-like community. The Kolping Society promotes through education and activities, the development of its members in many aspects of their daily lives.
The structure of the Kolping Society in South Africa is as follows;
1. The basic structure of the Kolping Society is the local Kolping Families. These families are initiated at Parish level of the Catholic Church.
2. The National Board of Directors lead the Kolping Society in accordance with the objectives of its programmes and its national constitution.
Kolping South Africa Goals & Objectives
In accordance with its programmes the Kolping Society of South Africa wants to
- promote the common good in a Christian spirit through active participation of its individual members and their groups;
- co-operate in the continuous renewal and humanisation of society;
- promote justice at all levels for all people, which includes human rights, gender equality, cultural diversity, children's rights, and rights of all marginalized groups;
- acknowledge that each person is created in the image of God and therefore needs to be treated with dignity and respect.